Blue Slip are for Unregistered Vehicles, this report is to verify that an unregistered vehicle is safe and that it meets design and identity standards.
All unregistered light vehicles need a blue slip inspection before they can be registered in NSW.
You need a Blue Slip if:
- Your registration has expired more than 3 months ago
- You have brought a vehicle from interstate or overseas into NSW.
- You have no number plates Your vehicle has been written-off, but has now been approved for re-registration
- You require adjustments in their registration records because something about
- The vehicle has changed significantly, such as a new engine You need a defect notice cleared.
An Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection (blue slip) is valid for 42 days.